Indoor Bike Storage Racks
The name is pretty self-explanatory. The indoor bike storage rack is used to safely and securely store your bike in one spot, be it for 5 minutes or 5 months, usually indoors. There’s several types of indoor bike storage racks, with the most popular being the ceiling, floor and wall mounted options.
Three Best Selling Indoor Bike Racks:
- leans against wall - no attachement required
- Features Easy-Adjust arms to accommodate any bike
- Maximum Load 80lbs
- Premium quality silver powder coat finish
- Easy to assemble; required hardware included
- 2-bike freestanding rack stand
- Independent adjustment arms
- Vinyl-coated cradles protects bikes, no bolts, screws, or fasteners required
- 79 by 26 by 19 inches (height by length by depth)' 20 pounds. Lifetime warranty
- This product can be mounted on the wall. Comes with a wall mounting screw.
- Racks can carry as many as 4 bikes
- Aesthetically pleasing
- No Permanent installation required
- Made from real American red Oak
- 200 lb. capacity
Types of Indoor Bike Storage Racks
These racks are usually inexpensive, but avoid ones that require you to hang the bike upside down or from its wheels as this can cause damage.
These include freestanding, floor-to-ceiling and horizontal bike racks. If you have multiple bikes and want a sturdy solution without mounting anything to your walls then you will want one of these racks.
These types of racks are mounted to your wall so they are sturdy and often look a bit more decorative than the other options. Obviously some assembly is required and relocating them is not that easy.
A bike transport rack is used to transport your bike from one point to the next. As this is a motor car most of the time, that’s the type of bike transport racks we focus on here. As with storage racks, transport racks has several types, but the most popular options are hitch, trunk and roof mounted.
Three Best Selling Bike Carriers:
- Patented design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's - consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information^Side straps for increased lateral stability
- Individual tie-downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Comes fully assembled - set up and installs in seconds
- Carries up to 2 bikes
- Fits a 1-1/4" and 2" hitch reciever
- Max load capacity: 35lbs per bike
- Center arm folds down to allow access to the rear-of-vehicle without removing the rack
- Upright ratcheting arms easily adjust to different bike frame sizes
- 3-bike rack fits vehicles with either a 1.25 or 2-inch trailer hitch
- 16-inch long carry arms individually secure bicycles with Allen's patented tie-down system
- Folding carry arms quickly drop out of the way when rack is not in use
- Rack sets up and installs in less than 5 minutes
- Sturdy steel construction with black powder coat finish; Lifetime warranty
Types of Bike Transport Racks
One of the greatest benefits of a hitch mount bike rack is that there is such a wide variety of designs available. You will find a trailer hitch bike rack for virtually any vehicle or bike out there. Its rear position also makes these racks the most aerodynamic and, unlike roof-mounted carriers, hitch mounts are just the right height to allow you to load and unload your bicycles without having to lift them over your head. A hitch rack is also much more stable than most trunk-mounted racks and many can be adapted to also carry skis, snowboards or cargo holders.
This type of rack is sat on the back of your vehicle and attached with straps or cables that are hooked onto the trunk or tailgate and securely tightened to clamp the rack to the back of your car. The downside of this method is parts of the rack touch your vehicle’s bodywork at several contact points and consequently if those points of contact aren’t solid and padded enough some scratches and marks can result. Therefore a snug fit is absolutely crucial.
I review and provide guides for indoor, outdoor and car bike racks. To find reviews simply click on the most appropriate navigational items or use the search box.